Andalusí-style Studio apartment ( sleeps 21 to 3 )
The owner´s comments
- The accommodation
The Alpujarran hills of Southern Spain abound with natural beauty. From the snow-covered peaks of the Sierra Nevada, the forested valleys, waterfalls and orange and lemon groves, this is a landscape that uplifts and inspires. This land was once inhabited by the Moors and is rich in tradition.
In this rural setting lies Cortijo La Era, just above Lanjarón, a Spa town which has been visited by aristocrats, poets and matadores since 1770.It is a short 15 minute- walk along the track before you arrive to the balneario (spa) where one can sample the six different natural springs of healing mineral waters and enjoy the hydrotherapy treatment offered.
The attractive studio appartment is attached to a renovated farmhouse, set among terraces of olive groves with views across the hills to the sea.
The farmhouse belongs to Rakhi and Eduardo who have two children (Lucas 21 and Ayelén 17 years). Rakhi is a qualified reflexologist and meditation teacher who works in the Balneario (Spa) in Lanjarón and currently studies Ayurveda, Eduardo runs the local language school in Orgiva. They are happy to offer any of these services to guests if they wish. In Lanjarón one can sample the local produce- olives, ham, cheese, wine- and enjoy the many restaurants and café bars. This is an ideal base from which to explore the high mountains of the Sierra Nevada and to enjoy walking, horse-riding, mountain-biking, paragliding and skiing. The historic city of Granada with the exquisite Alhambra Palace is only 40 minutes drive away.
La Era shares the pool area with our other property Las Alejas (ref. n. 113423) making an ideal holiday for two couples.
See description in:
Characteristics of the accommodation
- barbecue, terrace, garden furniture, car park, shared swimming pool, individual garden, shared garden, mountain views, 1600 m2 of surrounding garden, 30 m2 terrace
- 1 single room, 1 double sofa bed, 1 complete bathroom, 1 kitchenette, 58 m2 of surface
- fireplace, hot water, freezer, TV, radio, sheets, towels, Internet, heating, DVD, hi-fi, cot
- Kitchen and electrical appliances:
- fridge, microwave, washing machine, iron, coffee machine, toaster
- Other info:
- pet friendly, use of car is recommended
- Spanish, English, French
21 photos of the accommodation
Prices for a capacity of 1 Persons and a maximum of 2 extra guests
|Season||1 Night||1 Night weekend||1 Week(7 nights)||A fortnight (14 nights)||1 Month(29 nights)||Cost per extra guest/night||Days minimum rental|
|21 Apr. 2013 to 22 Jun. 2013||50 €||-||300 €||-||-||-||4 nights|
|23 Jun. 2013 to 31 Aug. 2013||-||-||420 €||-||-||-||7 nights|
|1 Sep. 2013 to 28 Sep. 2013||50 €||-||300 €||-||-||-||4 nights|
|29 Sep. 2013 to 21 Dec. 2013||35 €||-||225 €||-||-||-||4 nights|
- 30 % , balance on collection of keys
- Form of payment:
- In cash, Bank transfer
- Final cleaning:
- Sheets and towels:
- Costs (gas, electricity, etc.):
- not included
Prices are only indicative. Do not forget to confirm the price directly with the owner when you make the reservation.
- Accommodation units available
Location of the accommodation in Lanjaron
Carril Pago La Escolta Baja s/n, Cortijo La Era
- Postal code: 18420
Estate: Lanjarón - Lanjaron (Granada)
- outside the village, isolated, inside a Natural Park, 35 km to the beach, 2 km to the city center, 50 km to the airport, 2 km to supermarket, 800 m to a river or lake, 40 km to the train station, 2 km to the bus station, 10 km to the hospital, 5 m to a hiking route, mountain holidays, area with bars, gayfriendly environment, family holidays, charming accommodation
- Activities and attractions:
- 50 km from a ski resort, 35 km from a golf resort, 35 km from a sports harbour, 4 km from a horse riding center, 35 km from a diving center
10 Travellers' opinions
Genoten! Enjoyed! Placer! from Jos (Holland, Paises Bajos) 16/Nov/2008
We enjoyed this house very much! Nice fireplace, good atmosfeer like living in a farmhouse (Cortijo) with all the facilities you need and very friendly hosts!! Nearly every day we had breakfast in the sun (even in november). In the beginning the road was not so exelent because of the exceptional 3-day rain, but later it had a bit more sand on it, so it was better to pass by. The few and the surroundings of Lanjaron was great and I (we) will missing it.
great place to stay! from Inge, Holland 08/Nov/2008
This is an excellent place to stay in the Alpujarra. The superfriendly hosts have created a home away from home, would definitely recommend their appartment. Only minus is the bad condition of the road to get to the house.
Contact the owner: Eduardo y Rakhi Fernández Lalanne
(Usually replies in less than one day: 100% of answered messages)
Warning, the message has not been sent, there are mistakes in the form
- Eduardo y Rakhi Fernández Lalanne speaks:
- Spanish, English, French
- Contact by telephone:
If you are calling from Spain dial
689 785 760
958 068 115
If you are calling from another country dial
(0034) 689 785 760
(0034) 958 068 115