Casal da Devesa - 2 Houses 15 km from the beach
2 Countryside villa for 4 to 7 guests
Carvoeiro, Viana do Castelo (Viana do Castelo)
- View prices by season
- by seniority and address
- Published for 6 years and a half
- Save Saved 366 times
The owner´s comments
- The accommodation
The Quinta of "Casal da Devesa", is a farm, set in the middle of nature's pleasures in the North of Portugal.
On the farm, there are two existing holiday houses to rent: The Oven's House (Casa do Forno) and The Olives' House (Casa das Oliveiras).
Facing south and west, the houses are bathed and offered the warmth of the rising sun during the day, while the balconies, patios and woods provide the shades, where one can enjoy the silence and tranquility of the cool summer evenings.
- The Oven's House (Casa do Forno) is a remodeled cottage with every modern day comfort. Visitors will enjoy two double rooms, a single room, a sofa bed and a baby's bed; there are two bathrooms, an all modern equipped kitchen, a living-room with a fireplace and a large room for dining.
- The Olives' House has got a double room with a large bed and also a bedroom with two single beds, a living room with a kitchenette and a full bathroom. Just off the living-room, there is a balcony overlooking the olive grove, the courtyard of "azaleas" and the "Neiva's Valley".
This house can either serve as a joint accommodation to the Oven's House (Casa do Forno) and can accommodate families or groups up to eleven people. Or, it can be rented on its own, for a couple or a family of four. It also has its own entrance and direct passage to the pool and the woods. On the olives grove a grill is also available to prepare simple meals.
The houses are surrounded by gardens and woods. There is a fitness circuit and a swimming pool (12m width, 16m length, temp.18º/20ºC) with spring water (no chemical treatments added). The houses are furnished both in simplicity and traditional styles.
The holiday homes offer their visitors a warm restful atmosphere, a sense of tranquility, a family setting and breath-taking scenery. From the "Casal da Devesa" the mountain tours have 6 trails, all leading to the top of the "Mount Padela". Here you can experience nature's at its best, with the breathtaking scenery and the sea setting into the horizon. These enchanting pleasures can all be enjoyed here at "Casal da Devesa" by family or a group of friends. Come visit us.
Situated in the heart of the Minho, on the Route to Santiago, next to the mountains and the sea. "Casal da Devesa" is located in the village of Carvoeiro, on the Valley of Neiva, municipality of Viana do Castelo.
With a monastery of the eighteenth century, the village of Carvoeiro is an old domain of Benedictine order. The access to the village is very easy because it served by National highway EN308 which is connected to A3 motorway (exit Anais/Vila Verde), and also A28 (exit Barcelos/Braga/Amorosa / Chafé) and either A11 (exit Barcelos) that allow quick and easy connection to Porto or Vigo in Galicia. The surroundings offer paradisaical landscapes, a small lake, the river Neiva with sandy beaches where you can bathe or canoeing down the river to its mouth in Castelo do Neiva. The village and the mountains that surround us go for walks or go on 4x4 routes through the mountains. Apart the hobbies that Casal da Devesa offers to theirs visitors, at 5Km (5 minutes) is the Adventure Park Neiva that allows the practice of extreme sports such as canoeing, tree climbing, paintball, rappelling, pedal kart, etc.. At a distance of less than 15km are the towns of Viana do Castelo, Ponte de Lima and Barcelos, allowing visits to major historical centers of North Portugal. The towns Ponte de Lima and Esposende have the best golf courses in the region. In the same cities and also in the town Viana do Castelo you can enjoy from equestrian centers with school. Just minutes from the village of Carvoeiro is a shooting range for the practitioners of clay pigeon shooting and other kinds of shooting practice. Still 15Km, on the beach of Amorosa, there is a Carting Track, tennis courts and a gym with sauna.
For lovers of fishing the river Neiva, the river Lima or the sea offer unique opportunities to return home with fish for dinner (for foreign guests fishing license is purchased and offered by us avoiding the bureaucratic).
- Activities and attractions
On the forest’s Casal da Devesa:
- Walking, biking, fitness circuit for gymnastics;
On the pool and patio of the holiday’s home:
- Swimming, sunbathing, reading one holiday’s book, relax, mini-golf, chess, darts, card games;
On the village and on the Sierra da Padela
- Walking, biking, photography, visit the Benedictine monastery, snacking in taverns;
- Beach, fishing, windsurfing, body boarding, tennis, golf ( Amorosa, Cabedelo, Viana do Castelo, Ponte de Lima, Esposende), canoeing, tree climbing, paintball, rappelling, pedal kart in the Neiva Park (5Km/5minutes), shopping at the market in Barcelos, visit the historic centers of Viana do Castelo (15Km), Barcelos (12Km), Ponte de Lima (15Km), Braga (30Km), Guimarães (40 km), Porto (50km)
Features of the villa
- Barbecue, Terrace, Garden furniture, Car park, Independent swimming pool, Individual garden, Mountain views, 10000 m2 surrounding garden, 500 m2 terrace
- 1 twin room, 3 double rooms, 1 single room, 1 sofa bed, 1 extra bed, 2 complete bathrooms, 1 shower room with wc, 1 independent kitchen, 200 m2 surface
- Fireplace, Air Conditioning, TV, Satellite/Cable TV, Internet/Wifi, Heating, Cot
- Kitchen and electrical appliances:
- Dishwasher, Fridge, Oven, Microwave, Washing machine, Iron, Coffee machine
- Other info:
- Disabled Facilities, Non smokers preferred, Pets not allowed, Use of car is recommended
- Bicycle rent
- Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, Gallego
Prices and availability
- 25 % , balance on collection of keys
- Form of payment:
- in cash, bank transfer
- Final cleaning:
- 30 €
- Sheets and towels:
- Costs (gas, electricity, etc.):
* Bookings are only confirmed after the 25% payment of the total price for the stay. Prices include an extra bed for babies up to three years of age and 1 maple bed for a young person or an adult, sheets and towels for the whole stay, as well as all the necessary household utensils. Besides water and electricity prices include wood for the fireplace. Prices are also included fruits (clementines and kiwis), vegetables (courgettes), jams and liqueurs produced in the farm.
* The house will be handed over to the traveller in a clean condition and must be maintained and returned in the same way. 18km away you will discover the towns of Viana do Castelo, Ponte de Lima and Barcelos, making it possible to visit the main historical centres of Viana do Castelo. In Ponte de Lima and Esposende you will find the two golf courses in the region. Here, in these towns, and also in Viana do Castelo, you can visit the horse riding centres, as well as a shooting range which is approximately 15km from Carvoeiro. But Casal da Devesa, above all, offers its visitors relaxation, tranquility, silence, a holiday with the family or friends, freedom and the pleasures of nature.
Location of the villa Carvoeiro
Largo Sant'Ana - Casal da Devesa s/n, -
Postal code: 4905-240
Carvoeiro, Viana do Castelo (Viana do Castelo)
- 15 km to the beach, 0 m to the city center, 60 km to the airport, 1 km to supermarket, 1 km to a river or lake, 4 km to the train station, 0 m to the bus station, 15 km to the hospital, 0 m to a hiking route, Family holidays
- Activities and attractions:
- Beachfront, 60 km from a ski resort, 15 km from a golf resort, 15 km from a sports harbour, 15 km from a horse riding center, 3 km from a diving center
11 Travellers' opinions
Superb! from Nieuwenhuize 19/Aug/2015 (period of stay: July 2015)
We enjoyed a great fortnight at Casal da Devesa. The house was perfect for our family (2 adults, 3 children and the atmosphere on the quinta was authentic and tranquilizing, making it hard not to relax. The children loved the huge pool and the hammocks. The cafe around the corner is great for a coffee and fresh bread all day long.
Margarida did everything to make our stay unforgettable. Muito obrigado por tudo!
Tudo de bom,
Gerben, Marjon, Julia, Tessa and Finn (from Holland)
Casal da Devesa from peter42 27/Sep/2013 (period of stay: September 2013)
We received the warmest of welcomes from the owners and enjoyed our stay enormously. The accommodations were comfortable, the surroundings were charming and the weather was exceptional.
There are interesting villages and towns within 20 miles and the beaches south of Viana do Castelo are good.
Owner's reply 30/Sep/2013
It was a pleasure to have Peter, Sally and Tina with us. I hope to see them again. I'm
glad to know that they liked in the North of Portugal. September was wondurful.
(00351) 258 773 079
(00351) 925 460 264
- Languages spoken by the owner: Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, Gallego
Margarida Varela Durães
90% of answered messages.
Usually replies in less than one day.