House for rent only 250 meters from the beach!
villa for 2 to 12 guests
- View prices by season
- by seniority and address
- Published for 6 years
- Save Saved 135 times
The owner´s comments
- The accommodation
This one It's an astonishing house in the most exclusive zone of Cascais, decorated as you can see in the photos. From here you can go to city's center or for the most nices beachs from Cascais and Estoril or even for golfe courses and the Cascais Marina just walking. Nearby - 20 meters - there's the most luxury and recent Hotel Real Villa Italia with the best Spa in the city and nice restaurants too.
The house It's in a very quiet place with a beautiful public garden at the door. That's the best place to stay in Cascais by sure. Just some steps away you can walk in a 10 Kms small and beautiful street made for bikes and footing all away to Guincho famous surf beach or to the center of Cascais and Estoril beachs.
209 Rua Frei Nicolau Oliveira, Cascais
Description & Comments re visit 12th February 2013
Built in the Portuguese 18th century “Pombalino” style but only 40 years ago, this property offers stylish accommodation with all the modern comforts of a well loved home. There are marble tiled floors and painted walls of different hues throughout the ground floor, whilst the first floor is fitted with wall to wall carpet.
The interiors are also furnished with antiques, precious porcelains , Persian rugs and equipped with TV Cabo, music system and central heating. There is also an office with internet connection which is normally kept closed with the owners private belongings, but can be made available by special request (extra security deposit).
The villa sits within 1,300 sq meters of enclosed grounds with lawn and leafy trees, a swimming pool (8 x 6 meters, with steps and diving board) and a private space to keep the dars, situated in a quiet residential area just above the village of Cascais.
There are many attractions nearby - Cascais has an old fishing port and a new marina; a wide range of restaurants, bars and many trendy shops.
There is a casino at Estoril and the World Heritage Site of Sintra is only a short driving distance away. The sea and beaches can be reached within a few minutes walk from the property.
Accommodation (until 12 people):
Ground Level - Main entrance hall. A 48 sm seating TV room opening onto 120 sm larger drawing room with bar and large open fireplace all floor wit unique Italian marble plus a formal dining room – all opening onto a partly covered outdoor dining terrace and garden. A second smaller hallway opens onto fully equipped kitchen with spiral staircase to staff accommodation on the first floor; laundry room with service door to exterior; office; and guest cloakroom.
1st Floor - Master double bedroom suite with private sunbathing terrace.
This room also shares a long terrace overlooking the pool and garden.
There are 4 more confortable and nice bedrooms and a small TV room.
Theres also 2 more bathrooms.
“This picturesque town started as a small fishing port throughout early history as it lies protected from nature’s elements at the mouth of the Rio Tejo. It was occupied by the Spanish under the Duke of Alba in 1579. In 1807, the French invaders commanded by General Junot used the Palácio da Citadela as their suitable headquarters for his army.
During the first part of the 19th Century the port trade declined bringing poverty to the town. When in 1870 the King, Luís I, chose to convert the 17th Century building of the Citadela into his summer residence Cascais soon became a very fashionable town and aristocratic palaces and mansions followed. In 1926 the railway line from Lisbon to Cascais was the first to be electrified in Portugal and this also had a positive economic effect.
During the 2nd World War several Kings and Heads of European countries sought refuge in Cascais and nearby Estoril. With these people came other aristocrats, politicians, actors and writers - so many that the population increased by over 20,000 people between 1939 to 1946. Names of important exiles such as Duke of Windsor, King Umberto of Italy, wich home is now the Grande Real Villa Ialia, just 20 mts from our house, Princess Joana of Italy, King Carol II of Romania, Prince Juan of Spain, Count Henri of France, part of the Hapsburg family, Regent Horthy of Hungary, all can be associated with the history of both this town and that of neighbouring Estoril.
Today it is the dormitory of the Lisbon international working community and the "younger set" who enjoy the diverse and sophisticated the nightlife. One of the most outstanding palaces is the Palácio de Conde de Castro Guimarães that is open to the public – 100 mts from our house - and exhibits its own grand private collection that includes over 25.000 books and such rarities as an illustrated book by Duarte Galvão(1455-1517). Just one year ago is open the Museum of painter Paula Rego, just 200mts from our house. On a much more modest scale is the Museu do Mar that depicts the story of Cascais and its fishing history.
Just outside the town is the famous Boca do Inferno in which the sea on rougher days hammers into the rock and creates a booming noise and a spectacular spray thus creating its name which in English means "mouth of hell". There is the famous restaurante Mar do Inferno where you must lunch or dine trying the best fish from Portugal and it stays just a few mts from our home too.
Today, Cascais now boasts a smart new Marina with lovely yachts adding a further attraction to the town. The Parque Palmela is an attractive park created by the Duques de Palmela and now maintained by the Town Hall and in which open-air concerts are often held.
Cascais Nearby Locations
Within easy reach of Cascais is the famous beach at Guincho with its high waves that attract windsurfers from all around the world as having some of the best rollers in Europe. The next town to the east of Cascais is the resort town of Estoril with its popular Casino. To the north and within easy reach is the romantic and fascinating town of Sintra and which was made famous too foreigners after a glowing account of its splendours recorded by Lord Byron.”
* Cascais is one of the most popular locations to visit within POrtugal and within Europe.
* Originally, Cascais was a little, charming fisher village, facing the Atlantic.
* Many royal families (so the italian and spanish royalty) discovered this place and moved there during their time in exil or just for holiday periods.
* Cascais, is nowadays know, as a luxury resort, offering the best hotels, restaurants, concerts, etc. but on the other hand, it has kept its charming character of a fishervillage with little fish restaurants in every corner.
* Who likes active holidays won't be dissapointed in Cascais, sailing, surfing, windsurfing, golfing and horseriding are among the most practiced sports in the area.
* The worldfamous beach Guincho is only 9 km away and even for non surfers a spectacular beach, rare to find in the rest of Europe.
* The sailing club of Cascais hosts several world championships every year and has a very well functioning sailing sschool, offering 1 week courses in the summer. Almost all portuguese olympic sailors are from the sailing club in Cascais.
* Golfing, Several international championships take place in Cascais, and there are plenty of different golf clubs to play at within a radius of 30km.
Biking - Cascais supports the environment and rents bikes for free in several points in Cascais, so that one can enjoy the cycle-trail to Guincho, without never quitting the seaview.
* Very close are Estoril (2km) with its worldfamous Casino, Sintra (15km) - the worldheritage of the Unesco.
- Activities and attractions
Very near from the house you will find all kind of distractions you can imagine. The Cascais Marina where you can rent a boat for fishing or diving. Some 3 or 4 golf courses, tenis center, horse riding, the best beachs and everything you like to enjoy.
Features of the villa
- Garden, Swimming pool, Barbecue, Terrace, Garden furniture, Car park, Independent swimming pool, Individual garden, Children's playground, 900 m2 surrounding garden, 100 m2 terrace
- 6 double rooms, 5 complete bathrooms, 1 wc, 1 independent kitchen, 500 m2 surface
- Fireplace, TV, Satellite/Cable TV, sheets, towels, Internet/Wifi, Heating, Cot, Hairdryer
- Kitchen and electrical appliances:
- Dishwasher, Fridge, Oven, Microwave, Washing machine, Iron, Coffee machine
- Other info:
- Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, Gallego
Prices for a capacity of 2 guests and a maximum of 10 extra guests. (Prices inclusive of VAT)
|Season||1 Night||1 Night weekend||1 Week(7 nights)||A fortnight (14 nights)||1 Month(29 nights)||Cost per extra guest/night||Nights minimum rental|
|Basic price||-||-||3.500 €||-||-||-||3 nights|
- 1.750 € , balance arrival date
- Form of payment:
- in cash, bank transfer
- Final cleaning:
- 100 €
- Costs (gas, electricity, etc.):
Prices are only indicative. Do not forget to confirm the price directly with the owner when you make the reservation.
Availability Last update: 02/May/2017
Location of the villa Cascais
- Outside the village, 250 m to the beach, 500 m to the city center, 24 km to the airport, 500 m to supermarket, 1 km to a river or lake, 1 km to the train station, 50 m to the bus station, 3 km to the hospital, 100 m to a hiking route, Family holidays
- Activities and attractions:
- Golf, Beachfront, 1 km from a golf resort, 250 m from a sports harbour, 250 m from a horse riding center, 250 m from a diving center
13 Travellers' opinions
Wonderful holiday from Gwenbell bell 07/Aug/2014 (period of stay: July 2014)
Just back from a wonderful holiday with my family, 11 of us in total. Great welcome from Pedro, he was so helpful showing us around his amazing house which is just full of character, he even took us to the supermarket, as well as showing us the surrounding area and giving us great tips on Cascais. The house is in a great location within walking distance of everything. The children loved the pool and the park just across the road. Would love to go back.
Fantastic Villa! from Daniel Russell 09/Jul/2013 (period of stay: July 2013)
Our stay was fantastic.
When we arrived, the owner welcomed us warmly and showed us around.
The villa was very luxurious and spacious, clean and well stocked with towels.
We had a blast and I cannot recommend this highly enough.
Amazing house from traveller 19/Jun/2013
We were 11 people visiting Pedros house - and it was big enough for all of us. The bathrooms and bedrooms are beautiful & the house is very special. Great place for a great holiday. You can walk into the city and to some beaches and there also is a path along the sea to go jogging or cycling. Pedro was a very polite and welcoming host. He gave us informations about supermarkets, restaurants, etc. Worth visiting!
from Gery Juleff 10/Jan/2013 (period of stay: December 2012)
Beautiful house in a great location. Pedro was very accommodating and allowed us to check in early which was really helpful after a trans-atlantic flight. The house is right next to a beautiful park which the kids loved and a few minutes walk from the beach and town. We can't wait to return!
excellent house and location from 2 Dutch families 26/Aug/2012 (period of stay: July 2012)
We stayed for a week with 2 families with teenage kids in the house. The house was very beautiful and veru well equiped. The owners are very friendly en helpfull. Within 7 tot 10 minutes you walk to the village centre of Cascais en the beaches . We definately will come back to this perfect house in a beautiful setting.
(00351) 914 517 282
(00351) 918 663 396
- Languages spoken by the owner: Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, Gallego
80% of answered messages.
Usually replies in less than one day.