Welcome to Casa do Comediante, a traditional Galician country house situated in the Ribeira Sacra area of Ourense province that offers you the chance to enjoy a relaxing vacation at any time of the year.
The carefully restored original house maintains its impressive stone façade and garden area with stunning views over the valley and nearby mountains. Now it comprises three fully furnished holiday homes incorporating modern amenities and comforts.
• Two of these, each with two double bedrooms, can take up to five people and the third will accommodate up to ten. An extra bed or cot is available at no extra cost.
• All three have bathrooms with showers, living room with fireplace (wood provided) and TV, The fully fitted kitchen includes cooker, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, utensils, kitchenware, cutlery, crockery and glasses, iron and ironing board. Napkins, dishcloths and pot scourers are provided for each entry. Cotton bed linen, blankets and towels are provided and there are hand soap, shampoo and dishwashing liquid dispensers in bathroom and kitchen.
• As well as the quiet garden, the house also has a communal lounge where you can play table football, cards, chess and board games. There is also a laundry room equipped with washing machine and dryer, detergent and fabric softener.
Once you are settled in the comfortable accommodation, plan how to spend your stay. Your hosts will be delighted to provide routes and help you.
• The apartments are perfectly located for visiting this part of the Ribeira Sacra, famous for its Cistercian monasteries, wineries, natural scenery, and boat trips on the river.
• It is possible to ski at the nearby Manzaneda Ski Resort, 25 kms away, since, in winter it can snow in this mountain area, at an altitude of 1000 meters.
• A drive of less than two hours will take you from Casa do Comediante to many of Galicia’s well-known places: Santiago de Compostela, Rias Bajas, Costa de la Muerte, Rias Altas, the extraordinary Playa de los Catedrales, Corunna or Vigo.
• Casa do Comediante is also close to many beautiful, rural locations around the region making it the ideal solution for a family holiday, or perfect for a quiet and intimate break for two in a peacefully secluded situation with just the right atmosphere for a romantic holiday.
• This is the Galicia of rolling, green landscapes bursting with olive groves and vineyards, orchards and forests, with arresting views over the distant mountains. Take any of the many walks from the house to visit interesting Roman ruins or the nearby chestnut and walnut woods.
Activities and attractions
The historical area of the Ribeira Sacra is known for its Romanesque monasteries and for extraordinary Sil river gorge, recently included in the
Natura 2000 programme. You will be captivated by hundred-year-old chestnut woods, the biodiversity of flora and fauna, the granite rocks and green landscapes as far as the eye can see. The surrounding areas lend themselves to numerous activities: sightseeing excursions, hill walking, canoeing, climbing, swimming at the nearby dam, mountain biking and boat trips through the river Sil gorge. It is also possible to make day trips to Santiago de Compostela, the Portuguese border, the Rias Baixas beaches or visit Ourense capital with its tapas bars in the old town or relax in the hot springs along the river Miño.
FOOD AND DRINK
Galicia is a region where the land and sea work harmoniously to provide the very best natural produce. Add to this the mild climate and abundance of natural springs and you have the perfect ingredients for great food and, just as important, fabulous wine.
• Fish, wild boar, local beef and other meats on the grill, chicken roasted with garlic are some of the local specialities and, of course, octopus (pulpo gallego) cooked in every possible delicious way.
• The bread in Galicia is special –like French bread but bigger and softer – perfect to accompany your meal.
• The famous Albariño white wine is wonderful, crisp and fruity but not too dry, grown in the temperate climate of the lower slopes of the coastal hills.
• Introduced by the Romans and developed by the monasteries, the local red and white wines from the steep terraced vineyards of the Ribeira Sacra are also very special and well worth trying. These very drinkable wines are inexpensive and their quality is fast becoming internationally recognised.
• All the mountain regions have their own liqueurs; coffee, herb and a sort of Bailey’s. Our region has the best and they are perfect to finish any meal with a coffee, but be careful, if they leave you the bottle, saying no can be difficult!
All the restaurants close to the house serve fresh seasonal produce where you can feast on typical Galician home cooking at very reasonable prices.
WHERE TO EAT
Recommended Restaurants (distances by car): Añadir localidades
Carmen 5 min at ……
Casa Agenor 15 min at …….
Valilongo 20 min……..
Casa Cachin 25 min……..
Casa Gerardo 20 min……..
DISTANCES FROM CASA DO COMEDIANTE Añadir distancias a playas
Airport: Santiago de Compostela: 150 km
Railway: O Barco de Valdeorras o Quiroga: 30 km
Ferry: Vigo: 150 km
Trives: 6 min
Castro Caldelas: 10 min
Ourense: 50 min
Santiago de Compostela: 1 hour 40min
León: 2 hour 40min
A Coruña:: 2 hour 20
Vigo: 1 hour 30min
Galicia offers a unique opportunity to enjoy a different Spanish experience. Whether you are looking for a family holiday or a romantic break, Casa do Comediante welcomes you and promises to make your stay unforgettable.
Rentalia Reference num: 27018
Outside the village
Multi adventure activities
The exact position of this accommodation is not shown at the request of the owner.
145 km to the beach, 4 km to the city center, 140 km to the airport, 4 km to supermarket, 2 km to a river or lake, 30 km to the train station, 1 km to the bus station, 46 km to the hospital
35 km from a ski resort, 26 km from a golf resort, 145 km from a sports harbour, 12 km from a horse riding center
Andrés Faraldo valles check_circle
We have verified the address of this accommodation.
verified by seniority
We verify by seniority when the owner has been advertising accommodations in Rentalia for more than 12 months.
30% of answered messages . Usually replies in less than one day
Andrés Faraldo valles speaks Spanish, English, Portuguese .
from 60€ per night
[[houseVars.price]] € for [[houseVars.nights]] nights
Enter dates to view availability and total price
You are in luck! Your dates are available.This season this accommodation only accepts stays of at least [[houseVars.minNights]] nights.Please note there are nights that are not free within the dates you have selected. Please change your dates.
from 60 € per night
[[ houseVars.pricenight | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] € for [[houseVars.nights]] nights [[ houseVars.totalWithoutExtras | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
[[v.name]][[ v.total | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
Total price[[ houseVars.price | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
Advance[[ houseVars.advance | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
Deposit[[ houseVars.deposit | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
[[v.name]][[ v.total | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €