Quite and idyllic. Fantastic view towards the Atlantic Ocean and the litoral coast between Cabo da Roca and Peniche. Situated between Sintra and Cascais (15 km), a good location to explore the area. (AL- Local Lodging License 11247)
Recommended for golfers to play at Sintra (Belas/Beloura/Penha Longa) (10 km), Estoril (18 hole), Cascais (Quinta da Marinha) (20 km). Another excellent golf course is the "Praia Del Rey Golf Course" in 120 mins drive. Beautiful area with restaurants and bars in 5 mins drive; "Moinho Dom Quixote" is a fabulous bar with a fantastic view towards Guincho and Cascais and is 2 mins drive or 10 mins walk. Local restaurants offers fabulous cuisine. Local market in 2 mins walk on weekends with fresh bread, fruits and vegetables.
Nice for those who wants to walk through the cliffs and mountains; Cabo da Roca is 20 mins walk. A very good place to stay if you want to explore the area of Lisbon and the west coast.
Situated between Sintra and Cascais (15 km), a good location to explore the area;
- Casa do Moinho is set in Ulgueira, near Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point on the European continent, defined by the poet Camões where the land ends and the sea begins. There visitors can buy an attractive certificate showing they have been there.
- You can find in the surroundings (Azóia, Cabo da Roca, Adraga beach, Praia Grande, Praia das Maçãs), restaurants where you can taste the very appreciated portuguese gastronomy (fish and seafood), one of the best in the world. "Moinho Dom Quixote" is a fabulous bar with a fantastic view towards Guincho and Cascais and is 2 mins drive.
-Nearness several white sandy beaches like Adraga (3 Km), considered in 2003 the most beautiful beach in Europe, reached via the village of Almoçageme, deserves a mention owing to its caves on the southern side, with both mountain and beach sceneries.
-Other best known beaches are Praia Grande (where the world championship of surfing is held) and Praia das Maçãs (with plenty restaurants with excellent food, cafés, bars, discotheques as well as shops selling local crafts and a swimming-pool with sea water). A tramline, connects Praia das Maçãs and Sintra in the summer months.
Other wonderful beaches are:
- Praia da Ursa, a naturist beach near Cabo da Roca. Allow a good half hour for the climb back up to your car. No facilities.
- Azenhas do Mar (small but wonderful)
- Aguda (small and quite), Magoito (plenty of facilities) and Samarra (small and quite, no facilities).
-In 15 km you can find another wonderful beach "Guincho"/Cascais where the world championship of windsurf is held.
- 5 Km from Colares, a demarcated wine-growing region, famous for its excellent wine, which can be tasted at Adega Regional de Colares.
Activities and attractions
Good golf courses about 15 km away in Sintra (Belas/Penha Longa), 20 km in Cascais/Quinta da Marinha and Estoril (18 hole).
Another excellent golf course is Praia Del Rey Golf Club(120 mins drive;
- Stadium Soccer in Lisbon (35 Km);
- Bullfight in Lisbon (Campo Pequeno);
- Shops and restaurants available 5 mins drive. You can find them also in Azóia (2 Km), Almoçageme (3 Km), Colares (5 Km).
-Banks you could find in Várzea de Colares (5 Km).
- Local market in 2 mins drive on weekends with fresh bread, fruits and vegetables. Also in the small village of Almoçageme.
- Visit the Queluz Palace (15 km from Colares) classified as a National Monument;
- Visit the Basilica of Mafra (about 30 km from Sintra);
- Visit the old Castle of Sesimbra (about 35 km from Lisbon) and admire the beautiful scenery of this fishing town.
- A very good place to stay if you want to explore the area of Lisbon and the west coast.
Registration number: 11247
Rentalia Reference num: 13467
Independent swimming pool
Non smokers preferred
Rua Rua Do Moinho 24
2705-349 Colares Lisbon (Portugal)
2 km to the beach, 100 m to the city center, 40 km to the airport, 1.5 km to supermarket, 8 km to the train station, 200 m to the bus station, 12 km to the hospital, 100 m to a hiking route
7 km from a golf resort, 20 km from a sports harbour, 2 km from a horse riding center, 15 km from a diving center
Fantastic stay in Portugal. Great base for cycling and sightseeing
We recently stayed in the Casa do Moinho for two weeks. It was perfect. First, the property is luxurious, comfortable and beautiful. There is a fantastic view of the ocean and a well manicured yard and pool area. Second, the villa is perfectly situated to visit both Sintra and Lisbon. Finally, we are avid road cyclists and we could not have found a better base to cycle from. The area is very popular for road biking and we took advantage to visit every corner from Cascais to Sintra and all the way up the coastline. Really, we could not have found a better accommodation. Rosa, the owner is a great lady and she really made sure our stay was enjoyable. We highly recommend Casa do Moinho if you are planning a visit to the Lisbon-Sintra area.
Rosa Pena check_circle
We have verified the address of this accommodation.
verified by seniority
We verify by seniority when the owner has been advertising accommodations in Rentalia for more than 12 months.
90% of answered messages . Usually replies in less than one day
Rosa Pena speaks Spanish, English, French, Portuguese .
from 93€ per night
[[houseVars.price]] € for [[houseVars.nights]] nights
Enter dates to view availability and total price
You are in luck! Your dates are available.This season this accommodation only accepts stays of at least [[houseVars.minNights]] nights.Please note there are nights that are not free within the dates you have selected. Please change your dates.
from 93 € per night
[[ houseVars.pricenight | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] € for [[houseVars.nights]] nights [[ houseVars.totalWithoutExtras | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
[[v.name]][[ v.total | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
Total price[[ houseVars.price | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
Advance[[ houseVars.advance | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
Deposit[[ houseVars.deposit | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
[[v.name]][[ v.total | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €