Looking for a place you can call home while on holidays?
What about a cottage in a hidden valley in the mountains north of Madrid, just 1 hour drive to all four cities, Madrid, Toledo, Segovia and Avila?
The tourist resort "La Huerta de Arriba" is a nice, small resort of spacious lodging houses, located at the main entrance of Robledo de Chavela.
La Huerta is only a stroll away from the quiet market place of Robledo, with its fine bodegas, its typical grocery stores and its old-fashioned butcher and bakeries. The settlement of Robledo dates back to medieval times, to which the late-Gothic church is a testimony. The location at the heart of a beautiful valley invites you to endless hiking and the discovery of luscious landscapes, shady woods, green pastures and the wildlife typical for this region.
A relaxed and quiet atmosphere is guaranteed, as is a beautiful panorama of the sierra and the old village. The valley offers its protection from extreme cold and heat; yeah, it is a microclimate we enjoy.
- La Huerta de Arriba consists of 3 buildings. - Two of these are independent chalets, each containing 3 double rooms, able to comfortably lodge 6 adults and 2 babies, a kitchen, a living room and a fully equipped bathroom.
- The third building contains a lofty studio in the upper floor with a kitchen, a bathroom, a living room and two bedrooms. It can easily lodge 4 adults and is ideal for a couple with young children. The lower floor contains 3 double rooms, able to comfortably lodge 6 adults and 2 babies, a kitchen, a living room and a fully equipped bathroom. This has its own garden and patio.
- The basement is a multi-use space with games to play in a relaxed ambiance (suitable for big groups).
- A lawn, flowers and trees that are watered from our well, surrounds the 3 houses. La Huerta de Arriba also features an ecological vegetable garden you can visit in season.
- Amazing views and relaxed ambiance are guaranteed; hardly any traffic on the nearby roads, surrounding spaces are green and wide open.
Coming with children? We are children friendly; that is why our garden is completely fenced, and garden tous are there, to enjoy watching them playing.
Self-catering is not just on your side -spanish times are, you know, different-; there is a big supermarket just crossing the street, making it even easier for you.
- Robledo de Chavela is at the centre of a glacier valley 15 kilometres long. The Population is about 3.000 inhabitants, consisting mostly of older inhabitants, but with an increasing number of newcomers who seek the peace of the valley.
-Notice we are just 1 hour drive to Segovia, to Avila, to Madrid and Toledo; a unique place in the middle, to go and get back in the day, as you enjoy the beautiful landscapes in the way.
The Monasterio de El Escorial is a huge impressive historical residence of the King of Spain, just 15 kms away; the village itself is worth a visit.
- Interesting places:
- Townhall, XVIIIth century, recently renewed.
- Parochial church of Nuestra Señora de la Asunción. Late gothic style; was built during the XVth century.
- Church of Santiago Apóstol.
- Ermita de Nuestra Señora de Navahonda.
- Cruz del Humilladero.
- Ermita de San Antonio de Pádua.
- Ermita de Nuestra Señora del Dulce Nombre de María de la Antigua.
Torreón de Fuentelámparas.
- 5 km away, the Puente Romano, nearby Valdemaqueda; a unique place in the middle of nowhere. You will guess why it is just there!!!!
- 5 km away, Space Facilities of the NASA, from where guidance was done to Apolo XI in its journey to the moon. There is a space museum that is also very interesting for children.
Activities and attractions
- La Huerta de Arriba is a concealed spot, allowing you to be at ease and above all, to let your senses rest. Enjoy the panorama, take a stroll, discover the neighbourhood or the smells and tastes of the sorrounding restaurants, or just sit down in the garden to read a book or bask in the sun.
- If one prefers some sport, Robledo has a summer swimming pool and state of art sports facilities (tennis and padel courts, and many others).
- If the weather is on your side, the valley is yours to explore. Its many routes all along the valley and uphill in the mountains will lead you to wide spaces or into forests, and from there on...
- La Huerta de Arriba can put you into contact with local guides. There is the possibility to rent mountain bikes, quads, 4X4, etc. Or perhaps you would prefer to go horseback riding. And with aerodromes in nearby villages, you could even go on a flight in a balloon or small aeroplane. And just 20 minutes away there are golf facilities.
-...and if you love Geocaching, just search our postcode (28294) and you'll have your time here !!
Rentalia Reference num: 214053
Shared swimming pool
Pets not allowed
Outside the village
Paddle tennis court
Paseo De Los Álamos 14
28294 Robledo de Chavela Madrid (Spain)
300 m to the city center, 65 km to the airport, 20 m to supermarket, 1 km to a river or lake, 2 km to the train station, 20 km to the hospital, 100 m to a hiking route
12 km from a golf resort, 1 km from a horse riding center
Unas perfectas vacaciones
El alojamiento estupendo, para mi gusto falta un poquito de menaje, en relación a cuchillo alguna cacerola más. El sitio estupendo para los niños, disfrutan muchísimo y si tienes suerte de tener buenos vecinos la cordialidad y el disfrute de nuestros hijos es maravilloso. La piscina municipal está súper cerca y con muchas medidas de seguridad, muy limpia y con constante desinfección. Mi experiencia es para repetir en cuanto pueda, el propietario muy agradable y pendiente de tu comodidad. Se lo recomiendo a todo el mundo.
We have verified the address of this accommodation.
verified by seniority
We verify by seniority when the owner has been advertising accommodations in Rentalia for more than 12 months.
80% of answered messages . Usually replies in less than one day
Jose speaks Spanish, English, German, French, Dutch .
from 73€ per night
[[houseVars.price]] € for [[houseVars.nights]] nights
Enter dates to view availability and total price
You are in luck! Your dates are available.This season this accommodation only accepts stays of at least [[houseVars.minNights]] nights.Please note there are nights that are not free within the dates you have selected. Please change your dates.
from 73 € per night
[[ houseVars.pricenight | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] € for [[houseVars.nights]] nights [[ houseVars.totalWithoutExtras | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
[[v.name]][[ v.total | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
Total price[[ houseVars.price | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
Advance[[ houseVars.advance | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
Deposit[[ houseVars.deposit | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
[[v.name]][[ v.total | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €