Cottage fully equipped terrace barbecue dvd cable tv internet stunning views air conditioning (summer and winter) salamander, trekking
come now and contact with the green nature, with the countryside / agriculture, peace / tranquility, escape from their daily routines. Discover new places, cultures and traditions, and authentic / genuine contact with the local population.
these comfortable house recently rebuilt maintaining the original architecture, are located in the north of portugal (minho), on the left bank of the river vez, one of the sides of the peneda geres national park.
Grandma´s house has:
- 1 large bedroom with 1 double bed, 1 sofa with two single beds and one private bathroom.
- on the same floor has 1 more bathroom. Large dining/sitting room with 1 double sofa bed;
- the kitchen is fully equipped with stove, toaster, coffee machine, oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge / freezer.
- this house has cable tv, hi-fi system, dvd player, home cinema system with full surround sound, internet, air conditioning.
Outside grandma's house has a terrace with barbecue, dining area and stunning views of the river vez, the valley and the mountains.
- bed linen and towels included.
These comfortable house recently rebuilt maintaining the original architecture, are located in the North of Portugal (Minho), on the left bank of the River Vez, one of the sides of the Peneda Geres National Park.
Sistelo is a village located in northern Portugal, on the left bank of the River Vez, one of the sides of the Peneda Geres National Park, inviting us to climb through the mountains of walking in the footsteps of shepherds and their animals, we lead to secular Brandas of Sistelo, ideal for lovers of the contact with nature and the mountain.
Travel: A 90 minutes from the airport of Porto (Portugal) and Santiago de Compostela (Spain). The journey from Porto airport is via the A3 motorway. Flights are available from Stansted, Heathrow, Gatwick to Porto (Portugal) and Stansted, Heathrow to Santiago de Compostela. Also from Liverpool to Porto and Santiago de Compostela, and Dublin to Porto.
Activities and attractions
The village of Sistelo has several historical attractions to visit, of which we highlight:
- Footpaths that lead to secular Brandas of Sistelo, ideal for lovers of the contact with nature and the mountain;
- Castle Sistelo (civil architecture residential, eclectic), Fountain (infrastructural architecture, nineteenth century); Parish Church (religious architecture, and nineteenth-century vernacular), bridges (transport and communications architecture, eighteenth century).
- Sistelo is also famous for its 'Socalcos', which arose from the need to increase the agricultural area and counteract the slopes. These structures allowed the development of subsistence agriculture is extremely important for the survival of rural communities. You can see the 'Granaries', built in the seventeenth century, in order to dry the corn.
The Peneda Geres National Park is one of the greatest natural attractions in Portugal, due to its impressive scenic beauty, ecological value, ethnographic and variety of fauna (ponies, wolves, birds of prey) and flora (pine, chestnut, oak and various medicinal plants .) It extends from the mountains of Geres, in the south, through the mountains of Peneda to the Spanish border.
Located in the park are important centers of pilgrimage, the Shrine of Our Lady of Peneda, replica of the sanctuary of Bom Jesus de Braga, and St. Benedict's Open Door, a place of great popular devotion.
This area is characterized by its parties (traditional music, costumes, songs and dances).
There are markets in exceptional Cerveira (Saturday), Viana Do Castelo (Friday), walks (Wednesday) and many others.
Follow the wine route green along the Minho Valley, passing between rolling hills covered with vineyards that produce wine of the region.
A very interesting and very beautiful place, you can visit, is Poço das Caldeiras –a nature pool, which is 8 km away from Sistelo.
Video Poço das Caldeiras (GPS coordinates: 41°56'28.6"N 8°25'38.4"W)
activities companies contacts (walking, hiking trails, jeep tours, 4x4, cycling, biking, paintball, cultural tours, canoeing, among others)
Other places to visit:
- Arcos de Valdevez is located approximately 20 km and is characterized by restaurants, bars, supermarkets and a river beach.
- Ponte de Lima is an ancient city about 30 km and is characterized by its medieval architecture. It is surrounded by the river Lima. There is also the Golf Course Ponte de Lima (18 holes) at 25 minutes.
- Melgaco, a beautiful town located about 30 km, the river Minho
- Monção (Region Albariño wine), with three modern supermarkets located 22 km away, has a wonderful outdoor public pool.
- Valencia (35 km), the old city, to visit mandatory.
- Vigo (60 km) and Santiago de Compostela (150 km) are other places to visit.
Registration number: 77/2010
Rentalia Reference num: 245336
Pets not allowed
Rua lugar igreja , 9001 B
4970-645 Sistelo Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
115 km to the airport, 50 m to supermarket, 50 m to a river or lake, 50 m to a hiking route
Lúcia e Miguel check_circle
We have verified the address of this accommodation.
verified by seniority
We verify by seniority when the owner has been advertising accommodations in Rentalia for more than 12 months.
80% of answered messages . Usually replies in less than one day
Lúcia e Miguel speaks Spanish, English, French, Portuguese .
from 90€ per night
[[houseVars.price]] € for [[houseVars.nights]] nights
Enter dates to view availability and total price
You are in luck! Your dates are available.This season this accommodation only accepts stays of at least [[houseVars.minNights]] nights.Please note there are nights that are not free within the dates you have selected. Please change your dates.
from 90 € per night
[[ houseVars.pricenight | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] € for [[houseVars.nights]] nights [[ houseVars.totalWithoutExtras | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
[[v.name]][[ v.total | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
Total price[[ houseVars.price | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
Advance[[ houseVars.advance | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
Deposit[[ houseVars.deposit | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
[[v.name]][[ v.total | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €Other house rules