The apartment is located on the 2nd floor of a late 19th century newly renovated respecting the architecture of the period. The style is similar to the one of a small loft of about 65 square meters and on two levels.
The first one with living room and double sofa bed, dining area, kitchen, large closet, bathroom with shower, balcony.
The second level consists of the sleeping area in a large open loft, with two skylights, double bed and sitting area with chaise long.
The whole apartment has a parquetry floor and a wooden mansard roof with exposed beams.
The house is beautifully furnished and fully equipped to be functional and comfortable at any time of year:
- Kitchen with refrigerator and freezer, oven and combination microwave, dishes and everything else needed for those who like to dabble in the kitchen,
- Air conditioning, wi-fi internet, TV with DVD player, radio-CD player with stereo, TV with digital antenna, electric water heater,
- Washing machine, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, heater for the bathroom, sanitary kit,
- Other accessories box type bed for baby, high chair, fan, futon mattress type for any extra seat.
Our apartment is close to the waterfront of Foro Italico and can be reached by going to the nearby Piazza Kalsa, then Via Torremuzza and finally onto Via Gervasi.
It is just 10 minutes' walk from both the port and the railway station, and is inserted in an area of the city 'privileged' in terms of cultural and historical heritage and therefore also the tourist.
The old district of Arab origin that is called Kalsa (Halisah = the Elected, and was the seat of the Emir in the tenth century) and is at the center of a tourist route to walk through which you can learn about various architectural sites rich in art and history:
• Piazza Marina are: 1) Garibaldi Villa built in Liberty style dall'architetti GBFilippo Basile in the second half of the 800, 2) Palazzo Steri, built in 1320 in Gothic style, 3) the church of St. John of the Neapolitans ( 1526) where you can admire stucco Serpotta
• at Via Alloro you may visit 1) the church of the Gancia (1426) in Gothic style where you can admire paintings and sculptures of Gagini Novelli, 2) Palazzo Abatellis, built in 1490 in the Catalan Gothic style, which now houses the museum settled architect Carlo Scarpa in the 50s, with works by Antonello da Messina, Laurana etc.
• at via Torremuzza there are: 1) the Church of Our Lady of Mercy, engineered by James Amato Baroque-Roman, which contains stucco Serpotta and frescos of Borremans, 2) Petrulla palace of the 18th century, 3) the church of Crociferi built in 1686
• Piazza Kalsa, the seat of the church of Santa Teresa with an impressive view facing the sea built by G. Amato with frescoes by Borremans, stucco Serpotta and a fine inlaid marble flooring
• the 'Spasimo' street, which provides: 1) the Oratorio dei Bianchi, built in 700 in which a staircase stand majestic, a tiled floor and frescoes of A. Mercurio; 2) the 'Spasimo church, in Catalan Gothic style, founded by the Olivetan Fathers in 1506, who commissioned the painting of Raphael's "Madonna of the Pang" currently in the Museo del Prado
• Piazza Magione where the headquarters of the College of St. Mary of Wisdom home to the Missionary Sisters of Mother Teresa of Calcutta.
Activities and attractions
Just walking around our Palermo Vacation Rental. 1
What in the morning.
Start your itinerary in the heart of the old city center, at Quattro Canti, a square that has four magnificent eighteenth-century palaces with convex façades looking down onto it. From there you can walk to Piazza Pretoria where you can see the famous fountain and the Municipal building.
From here go on to Via Vittorio Emanuele and by bus or walking go to the Cathedral Square. After admiring this splendid piece of architecture and the treasures kept inside it, go on to (by bus or taxi) the majestic Palazzo dei Normanni and another time dedicate your attention to the Cappella Palatina, one of the most beautiful churches in the world.
When time for lunch arrives, have a rest and choose one of the restaurants in Palermo in this area. Try some local Palermo dish, such as 'pasta con le sarde', and then try some 'caponata' and finish off with a swordfish and mint roulade.
Just walking around our Palermo Vacation Rental. 2
What in the afternoon.
Dedicate this part of the day to discovering Arabic Palermo, mostly concentrated in our quarter, the Kalsa. The true heart of the Kalsa is the square that carries the same name, surrounded by splendid buildings such as Palazzo Abatellis and Palazzo Torremuzza and Palazzo Mirto. But don't forget to visit the wonderful Museo delle Marionette that is nearby, near Piazza Santo Spirito, that you can walk to from Palazzo Abbatellis.
Just walking around our Palermo Vacation Rental. 3
What in the evening.
An exotic cocktail in an Arabic-style wine bar, a fresh fish-based dinner washed down with good Sicilian wine, a romantic walk along the seafront (see our photo gallery) or a charming dip in the nightly atmosphere of a concert played in the Spasimo, in his large nave open to the sky and his large side chapels in Northern Gothic style.
And then a well-earned rest in our nice, cosi, confortable holiday apartment in Palermo to recover your tired legs.
Rentalia Reference num: 54366
Via Spadaro 34
Palermo Palermo (Italy)
500 m to the city center, 30 km to the airport, 500 m to supermarket, 900 m to the train station, 200 m to the bus station, 3 km to the hospital, 10 km to a hiking route
50 km from a ski resort, 1.5 km from a sports harbour, 10 km from a horse riding center
An excellent apartment - very central - well equipped and furnished - area looked a little threatening on first arrival (after dark) but turned out to be fine - excellent meet and greet + advice on where to eat.
We have verified the address of this accommodation.
verified by seniority
We verify by seniority when the owner has been advertising accommodations in Rentalia for more than 12 months.
90% of answered messages . Usually replies in less than one day
Simona speaks English, French, Italian .
from 34€ per night
[[houseVars.price]] € for [[houseVars.nights]] nights
Enter dates to view availability and total price
You are in luck! Your dates are available.This season this accommodation only accepts stays of at least [[houseVars.minNights]] nights.Please note there are nights that are not free within the dates you have selected. Please change your dates.
from 34 € per night
[[ houseVars.pricenight | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] € for [[houseVars.nights]] nights [[ houseVars.totalWithoutExtras | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
[[v.name]][[ v.total | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
Total price[[ houseVars.price | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
Advance[[ houseVars.advance | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
Deposit[[ houseVars.deposit | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €
[[v.name]][[ v.total | formatNumber: houseVars.country ]] €